Everyone wants a great broadband deal at a cheap price and let’s face it, we don’t always consider the what ifs when something goes wrong or your circumstances change.
Not all broadband services are created equal especially when it comes to wireless technology.
The most common considerations people take into account are speed and price and although both are important there is a lot more to consider.
Ask your proposed satellite provider if they offer these basic services:
- Can you provide a local technician to install and provide ongoing support
- Can I speak to a real person if something goes wrong
- Do I have to purchase all the equipment upfront
- Do you provide a free static IP address for services that require it
- Can you provide me with additional mesh wireless routers for extra coverage
- Can you provide me a customised installation for my home or business
- Is the latency of your service better than fixed local wireless broadband
- Can I transfer my home phone to your service
- Do you provide port forwarding options for gaming and security
- Does your company support the local economy
What is the real cost in your time and frustration when your not able to get support when you need it. Is cutting corners for a bare bones service really what you want?
It’s important to ask the right questions before you spend large amounts of money to find out you didn’t actually get what you thought you should expect from your broadband provider.
If your provider can answer yes to most of the above then you are heading in the right direction.